1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hobbit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe Tom Bombadil will make a cameo!

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Bombadil and Fatty Lumpkin would be welcome additions.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I feel like this is Peter Jackson's way of doing an extended edition of The Hobbit to a theatrical release, instead of having it contained to just special-edition DVDs.

I'm excited for the movies but I'm also in the boat of thinking three movies for a 300-page book is a bit much.

4. Supposedly the script for the third movie hasn't even been written yet.

5. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Yes, three movies seems excessive. No, I don't care.

I will be at every midnight showing.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Two movies are excessive. Three movies are almost an attempt to punish Tolkien fans.

7. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/58017/the-new-trailer-for-the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-features-less-singing-more-fighting-and-roughly-the-same-amount-of-martin-freeman

Doesn't merit three flicks. Two was pushing. Three will piss away most goodwill, both from hardcore fans and from the viewing public.

What are they gonna do, embellish it to unrecognizability? Does Jackson want to put the Simarrillion on screen?

Draft saved Draft deleted