1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hobbit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

[​IMG] You've already seen the Hobbit cover of the latest issue of Empire, but here's a sneak peek at two of the images inside the magazine, showing Bilbo and Gandalf in all their Martin Freeman-y, Sir Ian McKellen-y glory. And inside the magazine is a lengthy and exclusive report from the film's New Zealand set, which our Ian Nathan visited recently. The good news? Peter Jackson is relaxed, happy and hitting his stride.

“I’m exactly the same filmmaker as I was ten years ago,” says Jackson. “I’m trying to nail the same thing that I did before. I’m just telling the story.” The only difference is that this time he has a bunch of snarky dwarves to corral. "“They don’t know what to make of Gandalf, they think Bilbo is a wuss, and Elrond a prissy headmaster type,” laughs Jackson.

You've already seen the Hobbit cover of the latest issue of Empire, but here's a sneak peek at two of the images inside the magazine, showing Bilbo and Gandalf in all their Martin Freeman-y, Sir Ian McKellen-y glory. And inside the magazine is a lengthy and exclusive report from the film's New Zealand set, which our Ian Nathan visited recently. The good news? Peter Jackson is relaxed, happy and hitting his stride.

“I’m exactly the same filmmaker as I was ten years ago,” says Jackson. “I’m trying to nail the same thing that I did before. I’m just telling the story.” The only difference is that this time he has a bunch of snarky dwarves to corral. "“They don’t know what to make of Gandalf, they think Bilbo is a wuss, and Elrond a prissy headmaster type,” laughs Jackson.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31352

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Re: The Hobbitt

'The Hobbitt' with Bilboo Bagginss and Gandalff!

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

I hope Peter Jackson casts Leonard Nimoy

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is this the movie in the series where they find the ring on the moon and battle the deciptiorcs for it?

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I already posted this on the general movie thread, but the teaser trailer is out:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/thehobbit/

Also, the first of two films will be released Dec. 14, 2012.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing, but if Ian McKellan and Morgan Freeman were to star in a movie together, the Earth would collapse in on itself into a black hole from the sheer gravitas those two bring to the screen. Just sayin'.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I won't even say how many times I've watched this trailer.

2012 looks like an excellent year for movies.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I loved these books when I was a kid, but the movies are so bloated.
    They're not bad, but they need some editing.
    The fact that Jackson is taking two movies for 'The Hobbit' does not bode well.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Now will be three movies:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57327

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Absurd. Even David Foster Wallace would consider this excessive.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Will they get out of the door of Bilbo's house in the first movie? Or will it all be Bilbo preparing dinner for the dwarves?

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I might have to boycott this.
    Unbelievable ego.

Draft saved Draft deleted