1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the hits just keep on comin' for the nfl...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Aug 27, 2007.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

hope this isn't a db: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2992847

is there the slightest chance briggs wasn't drunk? kids today. i mean, drivers of 350g cars today.... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

He's only the Bears' problem for 16 more games. Twelve, if Goodell gets involved.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

I got an e-mail this morning from my nephew who lives in Chicago. It said, "Lance Briggs caled; he needs a ride." I had no idea what he meant until my brother called me later to tell me about the story.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Dude, just because Briggs crashes his $350,000 ride, doesn't mean the rest of us aren't responsible with ours. Come on, now.

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I think what Shockey is getting at is that with all the negative coverage of Vick, Pacman and Tank Johnson, you would think that NFL players, especially those who played with the aforementioned, would be a little more cautious with how they conduct themselves off the field. I'm no wrench-head, but I damn-well know that you better be careful with how you handle a fine piece of machinery such as a Lamborghini.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And all I was saying was that I had a $350,000 Lamborghini, too. An obvious fallacy for nearly any journalist. I wasn't spouting off about the age deal. Anyone who isn't responsible with their car, especially one that pricey, probably deserves to ruin it.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

A whole lot of NFL players just aren't very smart. They're testosterone-filled, steroid-injected, ego-driven maniacs who think the world revolves around them.

Not all of them, but a lot of them.

And plenty of players of all races fit that mold, so don't go there.

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I may be part Polish, but I'm definitely not dumb enough to go there.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Does Briggs have a history? If he does not, does the NFL punish him for one incident?

No one person (or animal) was hurt. Sure he broke the law. He was either drunk, high or had drugs on him. That is pretty obvious.

But if the NFL is jumping on everything, will there be a league left?

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

How many cab rides will $350,000 pay for?

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

From Chicago to O'Hare? 4.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I think he is a first timer. It all depends what the evidence points to. I have not heard anything of substances, although as you pointed something was probably involved. I think he'll get a nice little fine and probation from the league. A nice stern warning not to let it happen again. due to the incident really just being about stupidity and the fact no one was hurt outside of Briggs' pocketbook. The biggest issue is that he fled. He won't be out-right released by the Bears ala Tank Johnson as Tank was already on probation by the Bears when he got pulled over for speeding, but if I was Briggs I wouldn't exactly start celebrating. I would keep a nice low-profile for the rest of the season.

Draft saved Draft deleted