1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hitmen web site

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Aug 10, 2006.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

This is bleeping hilarious

http://www.realitysnap.com/MVHITMEN/home.htm

This was the Arena team Maurice Clarett was all set to sign with. In addition to the photos of the famous Mafia guys on the home page, put the cursor on the tickets, merchandise, etc. on the right. You will get a gun sight, then a gun shot when you click on it. Also got to love the team slogan: "Get Whacked -- Indoors."

Nice to see the team isn't afraid to embrace Youngstown's long and storied tradition as a mobbed-up city.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You can also buy a t-shirt on the site that says "Free Mo."

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Now, now hondo don't go giving the Arena Football League a bad name.

This is the Eastern Indoor Football League. It's not even the minor league of the football minor leagues.

The funniest thing to come out of this? this quote from the Hitmen's dopey owner/coach/clubhouse manager/bail bondsman:

"We gave him a chance and now we'll wait to see what happens," he said. "I've seen far worse situations than this."

Sounds like just the type of guy you'd want as a friend, huh?

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The only worse situation this guy could have in terms of signing a player in trouble with the law is if he had one of the 24 terrorists arrested in London almost in the fold.

Think he's going to post Clarett's $5 mill bail?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

My guess is he couldn't post Clarett's bail if it was a nickel.

I often wonder what the budgets are for fly-by-night operations like that. I mean, how low on the totem pole do you have to be to be a minor league indoor football league? And that website doesn't even have an official-sounding URL.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I saw this clown on ESPN news earlier wearing a T-shirt with the website address on it. Even he said the league is the "football equivalent of AA baseball." I took that to mean there are semi-pro teams that could compete in that league. The anchor ended the interview and the guy said, "Can I ask one question before we go? When is ESPN going to start showing ultimate fighting?" And then he pumped his fist.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Vince McMahon will call them this afternoon ... something about copyright infringement.

[​IMG]

8. DENNY

DENNY Guest

Is that coach/G.M. the same guy who was blaming the NFL for all of Clarett's problems?

Someone was saying that if the NFL had let Clarett enter the draft after his freshman year, the kid wouldn't have any of these problems now.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Love the logo for this junior hockey team....

http://www.jerseyhitmen.com/

10. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I liked when the coach/GM of this team said, "We've dealt with worse situations before."

Draft saved Draft deleted