1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Heat is on....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Down here we call that "May".

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

LeBron can't lower the Heat

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Portland, OR (61 and cloudy) doesn't know what you guys are complaining about.

4. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I was in Houston six years ago in July. The natural Texans with me were complaining about the humidity. We have worse humidity in April here in Ohio than what I experienced that July in Houston/Corpus Christi.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Just hit 100 for the fourth straight day here. Saturday was one degree short of the all-time temperature high ever recorded, going back to the 1870s. And we need rain as half the state is going up in flames.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's supposed to be in the low 80s tomorrow, but shoot right back up Wednesday to the low 90s. Forecast calls for 90s Wednesday, 99 Thursday, 102 Friday and 100 Saturday.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Wait but this is the AWESOME time of year for Portland when it has the best weather anywhere!

I know it wasn't you who said it, but someone was insisting such on an MLB expansion discussion. Also my sisters have been telling me that for 10 years.

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

We are on that weird forecast as well - near 90 today, 76 Tuesday then steadily up to 100 on Friday.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

106 here today. It was 108 when I was in Vegas last week. With the wind, it felt like a hair dryer was constantly blowing on your face. But that's better than the sauna we've got going now with the humidity.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's hit 104 here. Second time in three days. I grew up in summer heat, but for here, it's pretty bad.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is AC common in most houses there?

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The western desert lives and breathes, at 45 degrees (C).

Draft saved Draft deleted