1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Heat is on....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jun 25, 2012.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Hopefully the rain stays away most of your trip. The temperatures are just about right for a trip to the beach, though.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Forecast for Central Va.

90 on Monday; 84 Tuesday; 82 Wednesday; 77 Thursday

Finally. I went out at 11 p.m. last night for a B-double E-double R-un and it was still 89 degrees. Gross. Haven't been on my bike in 11 days. Can't wait until tomorrow morning to ride ...

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Looks like there's a pretty decent line forming along the Ohio River, and up by Elkins and north of Charleston in West Virginia.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The temperature dropped 7 degrees in 1 minute while I was driving in Alexandria a little while ago. Hallelujah!

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Did you CRUSH them? :)

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Insult to injury for Maryland residents: power companies will raise their customers' bills to make up for lost income during the power outages. That's right - there's now a charge for losing power. Get paid for failing to deliver a service? We're all in the wrong line of work.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/212306/158/Pepco--BGE-Allowed-To-Bill-Customers-For-Lost-Outage-Revenue-

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I hit "post" too quickly. I want to call out this awesomeness from the article.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

APCO plans on a rate hike to help pay for the cleanup as well. Maddening.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

AEP in Ohio plans on doing the same thing.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

After Katrina, I think Entergy added some sort of fee in Mississippi and Louisiana to pay for all of its destroyed infrastructure. Seems like it's par for the course with power companies.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Yep. Guaranteed profit, a small portion of which magically comes back into campaign coffers of your friendly PSC member. Nice work if you can get it.

Draft saved Draft deleted