1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Haul

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Dec 25, 2009.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Got my girlfriend a pair of those but she won't open them until we get together tomorrow. Hope she likes 'em. They weren't cheap.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My mom got 'em at Target for like $20. If you get them online, they're like $45. See if you can pick up a pair at Target before you meet up with her, then return the ones you bought. :D

3. Simon

Simon Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now that I've graduated(Hire me?), I'm excited to read things that I want to read all the time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And as always...
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I got a bunch of stuff to take to Afghanistan with me.

An iHome for my first-gen iPhone that's now deactivated, a personal coffee maker (because Army coffee sucks), a pretty classy Harley pin-up calendar (salute to the military type thing) and a really nice leather journal to use while I'm there.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Most of my best gifts came in the form of money. I also got $150 worth of Amazon gift cards from my parents and brother. So far I've already ordered all three seasons of Arrested Development, the first season of the Wire, the first half-season of Glee and two books I've been meaning to get for a while - Idiot America (Pierce) and The Devil in the White City (Larson).

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

we got to bring dad home from the nursing home for a visit (first time since his stroke in march) and my oldest nephew and his bride surprised us by flying in from vegas.

and a snuggie!

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Laptop computer from the parents, new suit from the wife were the biggies.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I got some small stuff and cash, nothing major. Just enough to help pay for an iPod Touch 8 gigger. I really don't have that much music. Might get MW2 as well today. I really want a new TV but I don't have HD cable so it'd be a waste minus playing video games.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

My well-off aunt paid my car insurance for the next six months. :)

And some clothes and things like that ... but there's a big chunk of change I'm not worried about coming up with for a while.

10. highlander

highlander Member

Got three books, various gift cards, two cookie sheets, a snuggie (in a Christmas party exchange) and a DVD collection of "The Revolution" that was made by the History Channel.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

That's not fair, I just got the bad cat.

I got a bunch of hair and body stuff that I ran out of, shirts and a gorgeous Anne Klein red Peacoat that I will not let the aforementioned bad cat puke all over like he did the black one.

My Aunt is one of those people who will only tell us one or two things she want for Christmas and we have to guess the rest. Well, this year no one talked to each other. She got three electronic pencil sharpeners and six packages of socks. Whoops.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I got a rock. (Damn, people, it's page 2 already!)

Draft saved Draft deleted