1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The hateful crap female sports writers put up with

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Ace, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know. Were the guys on the network parading their dicks around or their insights?

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

N
    No, they mostly distinguished themselves with bluster or race-baiting

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

She is 100 times more entertaining and insightful as any of the dipshit screechers on ESPN.

But, because she's also good-looking, there can't possibly be anything else about her that draws an audience.

Donny in his element and JC like this.
  4. CD Boogie

I didn't say that. I merely said she got her initial attention because of her looks. Such is life, particularly when your audience is sports fans who are overwhelmingly male and not particularly sophisticated. You'd think I pointed out that I met my girlfriend because I thought she was attractive from far and so I introduced myself.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Did you introduce yourself to her tits?

6. CD Boogie

A gentleman never tells.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This was kind of funny, and she got Raftery.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"He's a fucking interesting dude."

What's not to like about that? I've never seen her act before going down her rabbit hole just now. What's not to like?

And where do I get that couch set?

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

And her charisma. And her sports knowledge. And her sense of humor. And her eloquence. Etc. Etc.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Well .... some of them. Not YOU obviously. Your wife wouldn't have that. :)

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

You're right. When guys are looking for attractive women to oogle on the internet, they usually turn to Fox Sports.

"Dave! There's an attractive woman on the internet!"

"Bullshit! Where?!?!?"

"Fox Sports, dude!"

"Sweet! I don't care what she says. In fact, hit mute!"

12. CD Boogie

If I'm watching her on mute in a sports bar or spot her from across the room in a bar, I have no idea before I go up to her if she has charisma, sports knowledge, a sense of humor or eloquence. She obviously has those things, too, but apparently pointing out that most men are initially attracted to women for their looks -- and that some women are more successful than others in using that advantage -- tripped some PC third rail.

Draft saved Draft deleted