1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The hardest I ever laughed was ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecoveringJournalist, Sep 30, 2014.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The first season of Ali G.
    Watched it with wifey a few weeks ago and had to get up to get water.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"Cigar Store Indian."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DV16ECAAACM

Kramer shouting from the taxi is the perfect capper.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Absolute classic.

High Five!

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Carol Burnett when she wore the drapes, rod and all, in the "Gone With the Wind" spoof.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That was great. I do remember watching it when it first aired. Carol Burnet show had lots of hysterical moments.

Chris Farley: Chippendales and Matt Foley may have been the best laugh out loud moments on SNL

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Kimberly Guerrero, the actress who played Winona, spoke about American Indian culture at one of our elementary schools earlier this year. The reporter who covered it is not a "Seinfeld" watcher, but another co-worker and I sure enjoyed reliving that episode.

It was difficult trying to remain politically correct while mentioning her role. We ended up with: Guerrero, 47, is best known for playing Winona in the "Cigar Store Indian" episode of the television show "Seinfeld" in 1993. After inadvertently insulting Winona's Indian heritage, Seinfeld took her on a date and attempted to avoid terms such as "dinner reservation" and "ticket scalper" to not seem insensitive again.

7. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll go along with that and also mention Real Genius as an underrated 80s comedy.

For Seinfeld, I think George as a marine biologist was on the whole its best episode, and Kramer's story of saving the pinky toe its best individual scene.

As for Conan, one bit with "Clinton" in 1999:
    "It's P-Day!"
    "Oh, P for peace in the Balkans?"
    "No, P for Natalie Portman's 18th birthday. It's open season, baby! Queen Amadala, meet Kind Ima-horny!"

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Sammy Davis Jr. kisses Archie Bunker on "All in the Family"

9. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

"Will you leave IMMEDIATELY, please?"

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

A naked Borat Sagdiev and a fat, naked Azamat Bagatov bursting into the Mortgage Brokers' dinner in the hotel ballroom.

Leslie Mann driving drunk in The 40-Year-Old Virgin.

And I'm pleased to see a few Fawlty Towers nominations. It is absolutely criminal they made only 12 episodes of that show.

11. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Seconded on Fawlty Towers, that show killed me. Cleese goose stepping had MW on the floor.

The whole Rick James skit on Chappelle is the funniest episode of TV I have ever seen

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

16-year-olds smoke a lot of pot. It's quite common.

Draft saved Draft deleted