1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The hardest I ever laughed was ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecoveringJournalist, Sep 30, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I'm curious about which movies, TV shows, plays, radio shows, podcasts etc. made you laugh, and I'm talking about laughing so hard you fall over or have tears rolling down your face.

Here are a handful of mine, and I'll be the first to admit that it's usually the darker stuff that gets me.

1. Howard Stern plays machine gun fire over Selena music days after she was killed.
    2. South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut
    3. SNL: Synchronized Swimming and Needs More Cowbell (Blue Oyster Cult Behind the Music)
    4. Adam Carolla sings the theme to Taboo II to a girl who called Loveline to say she has a crush on her stepbrother.
    5. Howard Stern prank during the OJ chase.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The first Lemmiwinks episode of South Park comes immediately to mind.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I saw Blazing Saddles in the theater when it was first released. Hardest I ever laughed
    Eddie Murphy's Delirious on HBO the first time (had to watch it a second time to get half the stuff I missed laughing the first time.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Snowball fight in Dumb & Dumber.

5. RecoveringJournalist

Cartman singing Heat of the Moment in front of Congress was another one that just killed me.

6. RecoveringJournalist

Wow. I can't believe I forgot that one.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The only thing I can think of offhand that competes is the Megyn Kelly-Karl Rove stand-off/walk-off on Election Night.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

This was just mentioned on the SNL thread, but I don't think I've ever laughed harder than at the Massive Head Wound Harry skit.

Another great one -- mentioned above -- was Eddie Murphy's Delirious.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The first time I saw Jim Breuer do "GoatBoy"
    The first time I heard "Kyle's Mom's a bitch"
    The first time I saw Bernie Mac's skit in "Original Kings of Comedy"

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Eddie Murphy's ice cream bit in Delirious and McDonald's bit in Raw were great. His drunk dad stuff cracks me up, too.

Also, Chris Farley trying to get changed in an airplane bathroom in Tommy Boy:

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

All my citations would include being under the influence of LSD, so I decline to state.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That was indeed a laughable moment.

Draft saved Draft deleted