1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Harbaugh who actually gets it

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 2, 2014.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I liked this passage from the Yahoo story ...

There isn't a pattern forming. It's already formed.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, Ray McDonald, he's pretty much gonna be out there. And Jim Harbaugh is not all too excited about answering why.

"Due process." I think Jim Harbaugh might be oop.

http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawakami/ci_26460578/kawakami-heated-give-and-take-49ers-jim-harbaugh

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

All NFL coaches are terrible people. Except Marc Trestman. He seems nice.

4. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

LOVED this part. He has the "I'm the smartest guy in the room" bullshit in overdrive here ...

Yeah, this is the Harbaugh who actually gets it.

And to think I felt badly for Harbaugh when Wanny benched him for Peter Tom Willis with the Bears still in playoff contention in 1993.

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Duh.

/MN

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

But Rice did not even go to trial and get found guilty of assault. So, John believes in due process also.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Ray McDonald is playing on Sunday.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/09/05/jim-harbaugh-ray-mcdonald-will-play-sunday/

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't.

What I think is that he answered the question like a professional, not a fucking idiot like his brother did.

9. LongTimeListener

Police were called to Ray McDonald's house in May. Nobody's sayin' nothin' about why.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/09/08/6689069/police-were-called-to-ray-mcdonalds.html

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The key info was at the end of the article. He played pretty well against Dallas.

11. LongTimeListener

But not as well as Chris Culliver, who scored the opening touchdown on a fumble recovery. It was a good thing his hands were unencumbered by the brass knuckles he was using to threaten another driver after an accident in March.

Due process, yo.

12. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

So, you can be the person "who actually gets it" by answering a question like a professional, not necessarily by doing the right thing. OK. I actually get it now. Thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted