1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hangover

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by maberger, Jun 6, 2009.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

make-a-da-world go round, I suppose. It's been a while since I've laughed as hard at a movie as I did at Superbad.

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I like all of the movies you mentioned here. I love one or two of them. Old School is the best of the bunch. And, to me, it really isn't that close.

EDIT: Whoa. Just noticed you said Road Trip is better than Old School? Road Trip? Now I KNOW you're on crack ;)

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Road Trip was fucking great.

Only thing Tom Green has ever been good in.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Terrific movie. If you ever wondered what Wedding Crashers would have been like if it hadn't crashed and burned in the final third, this is it. Hangover is probably funnier than Anchorman on first viewing, but Anchorman will be funnier on repeat viewings.

"I didn't know they gave out rings at the Holocaust."

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I was just coming here because I had forgotten to post that quote, one of the single funniest I've ever heard in a movie.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I would add, however, that the gay Asian high roller added nothing to the movie. The tired stereotype seemed out of place in a movie that was funny in every other way.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

"Suck these chinese nuts, mutha fuckkkkkkaaaaaaaaa"

Loved the movie.

Pictures were the icing on the top of a hysterical movie.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Not on crack. But I did get cracked in the head with a softball on Thursday, while running home. Shortstop's arm was strong (but not that strong... I'm not exactly swift) but not accurate.

I dunno. I don't mind Old School. The premise wasn't all that good to me, unlike Anchorman and Wedding Crashers. Take that away, and it's Vince Vaughn and Will Ferrill doing the same tired shit they do in almost every movie.

Vaughn latched on to Double Down Trent and never let go.

Ferrill's character in Old School is like the one in Talladega Nights, Step Brothers, that figure skating movie. He'll run around semi-naked, yell and scream, make a few dick jokes. Who fucking cares?

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

FWIW;

Anchorman > Old School

I thought Vince Vaugn was hysterical in Dodgeball.......but Rip Torn had more memorable scenes in that movie than he did.

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Have never sent back food in a restaurant since seeing Road Trip.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I like Road Trip better than Anchorman or Old School...

The last 30 minutes of Old School are pretty bad. Anchorman is colossally overrated. It's the typical Will Ferrell, every funny scene is in the preview syndrome.

Hangover is far better than any movie Ferrell has ever done.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Funniest movies of the last several years...

1. Tropic Thunder
    2. Hangover
    3. Superbad

Draft saved Draft deleted