1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hangover

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by maberger, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I just saw this today. As I've said on other threads, I tend to be slow on movies. I see 'em when they get around to HBO.

Funny fuckin stuff. I was in or right at tears more than once.

I put it right up there with Old School as funniest of the last decade or so.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll keep this one going. The plot of the second one is that they all go to Thailand and Mel Gibson makes a cameo as a tattoo artist.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Mickey Rourke says Gibson's role will be Expendable.

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I also heard the cast could not agree on Gibson's role so he is out.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Gibson's out, but they're cool with Tyson?

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I heard that Galifanakis, who is Jewish, had a problem with Gibson. I thought Gibson had replaced Neeson, but I might have heard that wrong.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I sometimes wonder about these rumors you post, but how funny would that be if Gibson has fallen far enough that Galifanakis can get him booted off a movie, even just a cameo?

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This Galifianakis-Gibson thing has been a huge story for well over a week.

10. Technically, Tyson had a "cameo" in the first movie, and it was much bigger than your average cameo. I'm guessing Gibson's cameo was going to go the same rout.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So do I, it usually starts with I heard somewhere or I read somewhere.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

A well-known reporter here in SoCal is a buddy of mine and he interviewed Zack and the director (who are also involved with Due Date) and on the record they were a bit mealy-mouthed about getting Gibson fired; off the record, they indicated Gibson was cast by a studio exec over the heads of the movie's crew; when the director and Zack found out about it, they went apeshit and had Gibson fired.

Draft saved Draft deleted