1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hangover

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by maberger, Jun 6, 2009.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

All the same character, unless you count most of his career.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. John

John Well-Known Member

And don't forget The Mighty Quinn.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

His voice inflection and tone remain the same in every movie. He does a good job playing himself doing a character.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This is like trying to talk basketball with 93Devil.

Are you serious?

5. Sp0rtScribe

Sp0rtScribe Member

"My grandpa died in World War II"

"In battle?"

"No, he was skiing in Vermont, during World War II"

Something to that effect. I may have butchered that to no end, but that scene - or something along it, haha - had me cracking up.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

My wife and I saw this yesterday and were just spitballing quotes back and forth on the phone. What a great movie.

"He's a re-TARD."
    "They gave out rings in the Holocaust?"
    "Ever seen a baby do that?"

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

"You are literally too stupid to insult."
    "Thank you."

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

"Suck on these Chinese nuts, mutha-fuckaaaaa.........ppppppppppsssssssssssssss"

9. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

Just saw it Saturday night, which was strange because I can't remember the last time I saw a comedy at the theater, I usually go for horror or suspense.

I thought it was a riot, though and particularly like Stu (not a doctor, just a dentist). The ending was predictable, but it was definitely a funny flick.

I am a Ferrell fan though, and loved Anchorman much more than say, Knocked Up. And the prayers to baby Jesus in Talladega Nights cracked me up.

I'd have to say I don't think Hangover topped Something About Mary, but I definitely laughed and was shocked and it was worth going to the theater for.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I've heard lots of comments about people laughing until they cried. It wasn't THAT funny. The pictures in the credits were priceless though. And Stu singing at the piano while they're waiting for the drugs to affect the tiger was pretty damn funny.

11. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Dear 8-pound, 4-ounce Baby Jesus, watching your Baby Einstein videos, learning about shapes and colors ...

12. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Hey, doing our readers a service doesn't seem to be working too well for newspapers. Why not start doing them a disservice?

Draft saved Draft deleted