1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hangover

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by maberger, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The way it's holding up, it may clear $200 million.

2. highlander

highlander Member

Saw it again yesterday. When the naked Asian beat the crap out of all them, Phil was great commenting "He was so mean."

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I think only two legit movies open this weekend....The Proposal and Year One. I'd be shocked if The Hangover didn't top the box office again this weekend. So another 25 or 30 mil and it'll have what, 150 mil in three weeks? Not bad.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Yeah, that was funny.

I also like, in the middle of this abortion of a day, Ed Helms is cursing out Zach and Zach tells him, "Your language is offensive."

I don't know why, but that made me giggle.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. I definitely laughed out loud at that line. And about 147 other lines. Can't say enough good things about this. Can't wait to see it again, prolly this weekend. And maybe next weekend as well.

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I'm definitely going to go again. Or want to. With a 9-month-old around, opportunities to see movies are few and far between. It will be difficult to convince the missus to see something we've already seen.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Zach G made the movie and his lines are 99 pct of what I'm repeating. "So how about that car trip. Now I know why they call it Sin City. Haha."

Ed Helms' song was classic too. Lots of funny stuff here, and while there wasn't as many situations that made me cry with laughter, like say Old School or WC, it's because there weren't any high-energy Vince Vaughn monologues. Instead, it was really evenly funny and full of dry humor along with the broader stuff.

8. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Ed Helms (staring a hole through Zach): "I don't know. I don't REMEMBER."
    Zach: "Yeah, that's a side effect of the roofies."

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Some good Ed Helms ones:

"6 to 1 odds our car is BEAT to SHIT. No, seriously how much you want to bet?"

"Sir, can you please start the tractor so we can get out of here?"

And Zach G.:

"Hey guys, you ready to let the dogs out?"

"That's where I keep all of my things. I get a lot of compliments on this. It's not a man purse, it's a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one."

"How bout rapies."

10. lono

lono Active Member

The closing credits were brilliant. No question.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Rapies.

12. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I stayed away from this thread in an effort to avoid spoilers, but I saw it tonight and I agree with most of the crowd here. Tons of laugh-out-loud moments. I, too, wondered about the explanations for the concussion and the chicken.

But I was most impressed by Ed Helms' willingness to have his real-life tooth implant yanked out. Spent the whole movie wondering what kind of prosthetic or makeup or CGI imagery they used to fake it, before finding the numerous links that explained that the 'Nard Dog didn't fake it at all.

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/popvox/archive/2009/06/05/missing-tooth-in-the-hangover-was-no-gag.aspx

Draft saved Draft deleted