1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hangover

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by maberger, Jun 6, 2009.

1. maberger

maberger Member

F'in hysterical.

Zack Galafiniakis (sp?) steals the show

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

What an awesome movie. I rank it right after SuperBad and right before Wedding Crashers.

When the Chinese Guy called him "fat jesus" it was awesome.

Pictures at the end were a nice touch. Solid movie all around.... no dull parts.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Check out that guy's "Between The Ferns" (or "Between Two Ferns" ... drawing a blank) mock interviews on funnyordie.com. Hilarious.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Supposed to see it tonight, but my friend cancelled. I gave the tix up. I'll see it soon.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Far better than Wedding Crashers. Better than any of the Apatow comedies other than maybe Superbad.

Absolutely hilarious...

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Good Lord. If this is true ... I'm going to soak my pants.

7. BRoth

BRoth Member

It was great for being consistently funny throughout the whole film. Don't know if anyone remembers Galifianakis' vh1 show from about seven years ago: http://www.vh1.com/shows/series/late_world/. His stuff on funnyordie is fantastic. Love the interview with Natalie Portman:

Lasting impression - probably because it was at the end - was The Dan Band with "Candy Shop." Perfect way to end the movie. Hilarious.

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

So, so funny. Galafiniakis was incredible and stole the movie with the lion share of laughs, particularly in a killer first half-hour. The film's so unashamedly outrageous that almost everything works - the baby, tiger, cop car, tooth, the tux delivery, the Chinese guy, twisted cops, Mike Tyson, the band, etc. Ed Helms is a convincing straight man that you will cheer for in the end and underrated Bradley Cooper is the leader, a charming, good-looking risk-taker. Hilarious bit roles by an impressive cast: Mike Tyson, Heather Graham, Jeffrey Tambor, Ken Jeong, Mike Epps, Rob Riggle, etc.

I don't like to rank movies, but it's certainly right up there with the best, funniest comedies of the past few years.

9. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

You should write copy for the back of the DVD when it comes out ;)

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I should get my own blurb on the movie poster.

"The film's so unashamedly outrageous that almost everything works!"
    -BostonBred

11. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Can't see this until after the Cup Final, but I can't wait.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I haven't laughed that much at a movie in a long time.

Draft saved Draft deleted