1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Gulf oil spill is NOT the biggest environmental disaster this year...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Aug 18, 2010.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

...nope, apparently not.

That title belongs to the new Sun Chips bag, which is just too damn loud!

http://online.wSportsJournalists.com/article/SB10001424052748703960004575427150103293906.html?KEYWORDS=Sun+CHips

Who said Americans are a whiny bunch?

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Ok, now I get it. Yes the bags are something fucking rotten. But the chips are delicious!

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Seriously, those bags are effing loud. Had one a couple weeks ago and when I broke into it for a late-night snack I thought I'd wake my 4-year-old and every other kid in a five-mile radius.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I last bought a bag of these earlier this summer. I love the chips, but the bag is too damn noisy. Until they change it, I won't buy another bag of the chips.

5. Flying Headbutt

We win! The loud, noisy bags are going away and the old bags are coming back.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I love the cheddar Sun Chips. After buying chips enclosed in that new bag, I also vowed to never purchase another bag because the noise was the right frequency to pierce my eardrums.

My guess is their sales plummeted with that horrid bag.

7. Flying Headbutt

By more than 11-percent.

8. I love Sun Chips, but they are the most dubious "healthy" snack on the face of the planet, although I must give Frito Lay credit for reinforcing the myth with all the "green" crap.

9. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Guy's test is flawed. One bag is open. One is closed. He didn't control the variables. Fail!

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You struck a chord with me. All these so called "healthy chips" that are popping up are really not healthy at all.

You might as well just go with potato chips which are still the gold standard of bagged snacks.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Baked Lays products are significantly better for you than regular fried potato chips. The baked classic chips have 2g of fat and no saturated fat compared with 10g/1g per serving size of the regular kind.

Of course, portion control is still really the key ... and the hardest part.

But it's amazing all of the Nature's Promise and similar chips that are just as bad or worse than regular potato chips. My fiancee and I often spend an hour in the supermarket for $50 worth of food because we spend so much time reading the labels, but it's worth it.

12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

That was you?

Draft saved Draft deleted