1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The grossest commercial ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Not the fact that A/B markets itself to fools.........their commercials don't sell their beer, their commercials get people to talk about their commercials.

Same with Nike........their commercials don't make you say, "hey, I need a new pair of shoes.", their commercials get you to talk about the commercials themselves.

2. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

man I loved those commercials. it boggles my mind how people would not eat somewhere because they didn't like their commercials, but I've heard or read that about those quizno's commercials plenty of times. I don't get it. the fucking hamster's not making your sammich.

3. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Yeah, I see what you're saying, but I've yet to see a Bud Light spot that made me laugh. Not one on TV, anyway. Some of the radio ones I've laughed at, I'll admit, the ones from the Real American Heroes campaign that morphed for obvious reasons into Real Men of Genius after 9/11. But I've yet to find a TV one remotely amusing.

4. Those were sponge monkeys and they were a big fave in my household.

http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

We like the sponge monkeys but not as much as cheese or dirigibles.

5. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Thanks for starting this one, BYH. I wanted to but didn't want people to accuse me of being politically incorrect. (It probably doesn't matter to you if they feel that way) :)

Hey, I hope this ad campaign is effective but I don't want to see (or hear) the guy talk about it. So when this one comes on, my remote goes to work and gets rid of it. Same with the Geico caveman who orders the roast duck with the mango salsa. (Is there any hidden meaning behind that bit of stupidity?)

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Dude..... They have a pepper bar [/scary hamster]

7. Dynasty99

Dynasty99 Member

The sportscenter commercial where Berman and Stu Scott are having an affair. God I hate that one. That shit is gross.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Sonic, in my mind, is defined by the onion rings. Yum.

Mutah, go ahead. Blow smoke at me. But don't be upset when the resulting lugey ends up on your food.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I simply cannot stand sodas with added flavors, like cherry, chocolate, etc. I rarely drink soda anyway, so when I'm in the mood for a root beer or a Dr Pepper, that's all I want to taste.

10. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

casty, I used to like that spot before the 800th time I saw it. Actually, the first one in that dopey-ass series was my favorite, where the caveman was operating the boom mike or something and when the guy makes the comment about 'so simple a caveman could do it,' he yells, 'not funny, man' and storms off the set.

Oh, and I forgot to weigh in on that thread, but I'm sick of LOL, too. Just wanted you to know.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I was struck by two others:

Both at autopsies.

One shows the cross-sectioning of a brain along that seam that separates the hemispheres. The brain looks normal until the cut allows for the sides to be pulled apart. From the core of the brain a pile of blood releases... stroke or other cerebral hemorrhage.

The other shows the coroner with the what looks like the aorta and the pulmonary vein. He squeezes them, and as if he was compressing a manicotti to push out the ricotta filling, and plaque comes piling out.

MUCH worse than the somewhat cliche voicebox guy, to me at least.

12. casty33

casty33 Active Member

suburbanite, thanks for the comment on the geico dudes. And I'm glad you agree about lol. I just think it is so overused that it loses its meaning.

Draft saved Draft deleted