1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Grey Cup Champion Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pete Incaviglia, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I wonder if they would dare stick one in Saskatoon . . .

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

No way. The Western Roughies depend on and get their support from all over Saskatchewan.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

They would pack the joint regardless, but would a second team be able to survive up the road, much like an Edmonton/Calgary situation?

4. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

I don't know the figures, but I'd have to expect that at least half of the tickets are sold to out of towners. Plus, part of the reason they have the pull that they do is that it's something the province can rally around.

I've often wondered if you couldn't base a team in Kelowna with the hopes of pulling enough from Vernon, Nelson, Kamloops, etc. to survive. I know the roads aren't great there, but there's a lot of people in the Okanagan.

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Really believe the reason you won't see too much expansion is the quality of play.

Many coaches, execs, scouts will tell you that the NFL's decision to increase roster sizes has really hurt the Canadian game -- because it meant that more potentially good CFL players stayed south (approx 120 players). The embracing of black quarterbacks was another serious blow, as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted