1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Grey Cup Champion Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pete Incaviglia, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Gotta love Bleacherreport.com

A friend sent me this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/228854-buffalo-could-end-up-in-the-cfl

Guy predicts the Bills will join the CFL - well, let me change that. Guy says Buffalo will have a CFL franchise after the Bills move to LA.

Hope this isn't posted anywhere else. I searched. But I am a big bag of fail when it comes to D_Bs.

2. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

T.O. will be a rouge machine! I will draft him No. 1 in my CFL fantasy league!

RB

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Bleacher Report often has the most idiotic commentary found anywhere on the web. In this case, it might not be too far off, even though the guy is flinging about 20 tons of crap against the wall hoping that some of it sticks.

The Bills almost always are among the NFL's leaders in attendance. It's the lack of anciliary income that makes them fair game for vultures in LA and San Antonio.

In a perfect world, Ralph Wilson would emulate Ewing Kauffman in KC and form some sort of charitable trust so the region that made him a multi-millionaire many times over on an investment of $50K isn't screwed by his daughter, who will probably sell the team rather than pay the huge inheritance taxes, and hasten its departure from WNY.

But hey, in a perfect world every day is March 14.

4. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

The "story" also says: "But a better scenario is for the CFL to start a northern New York State division. Buffalo and Rochester have populations of over one million. The Syracuse area has over 700,000 and the Albany area has 850,000."

Syracuse has proven time and time again it will not support minor-league sports. Rochester has too damn many minor-league sports already and has started shedding some. They won't be adding another any time soon.

And, oh yeah, neither city has a suitable stadium. Carrier Dome barely accommodates a 100-yard field as it is.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Deserving of a repost, and a highlighted one at that. :D

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

As far as a future CFL franchise is Buffalo is concerned, Hamilton team and especially civic officials should say there's no way in fucking hell it'll happen as long as Buffalo remains an obstacle to the NHL in their city.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Dumb article.

Lots of quotes from Mark Cohon, the CFL commish

The dopey CFL already tried expansion in the US. Giant fail.

Anyway, before the league crosses the border, it has to resurrect a team in Ottawa and maybe add one more franchise. The logical choice is the Maritimes---Halifax or Moncton, New Brunswick but there's no way a stadium out there will be built without funding at the local, provincial and federal levels.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

They should start a separate league out east and call it Newfieball. The team with the most fumbles wins. Send Winnipeg and Toronto to go and play in that league. :D

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Buffalou Bills?

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I figured the Bills and Argos would just trade franchises straight up.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

You mean like the Buffalo Braves and the Boston Celtics?

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The NFL wants a franchise in Canada like it wants a second one in Cincinnati.

Draft saved Draft deleted