1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Greatness that was/is Yoko Ono....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Jann Wenner thinks she's a musical genius. I think he gave her last album five stars, a rating that is usually given out about once every other year or so.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out why Lennon latched onto her anyway. Not only does she have no talent but she's a 0.75 on a scale of 10. Butt-ugly.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

No kidding.

How Mark David Chapman managed to hit Lennon with so many bullets and not plug Yucko Oh-No at least once will forever remain a tragic mystery, as well as one of those things for which a time machine should be invented.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If that's from Rock 'n Roll Circus (can't open the link on my crappy laptop), I actually halfway dig her in that. But that's the only thing I remotely dig from what I've heard of her.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

During the 1980s, she was sometimes called the mother of New Wave. The Ramones then chuckled into their hair mops and didn't know why.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll bet Rolling Stone rates her albums better than the Ramones.

Draft saved Draft deleted