1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Greatness that was/is Yoko Ono....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Jul 22, 2010.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Heard a discussion on the radio today about a video of a performance with Lennon, Clapton and Richards (on bass) so found this:

I was just a bit too young to take note of Yoko Ono's influence on the demise of the Beatles but what is she even doing on stage with those three greats? God was she awful. The shrieking. I wish we could have running commentary on the video from Clapton and Richards on their thoughts as it was going on.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Playing (ruining, with her Snow White-like voice?) a couple of all-Star Jam shows is one thing.

Lennon was smart enough to say, "You know what, Yoko? You are talented! In fact, you are SO talented, I want you to go down the hall and record your own material! After I finish up here, I'll be down to help out! OK, bye!"

Meanwhile, McCartney - who announced the breakup of the Beatles, who recorded his own drums over Ringo's on a couple of songs during the White Album sessions - married a photographer and said, "Hey Linda . . . join my band! Be one of only three members!! Whoooooo!"

Those who blame Yoko Ono for the Beatles breakup forget just how splintered the band already was at that point.

3. vicd

vicd Active Member

I own more solo Yoko Ono albums (Fly, Starpeace) than Paul McCartney albums (none)

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Did Lennon suffer from depression or a bi-polar disorder?

If you pull out Lennon's lyrics from the Beatles tunes, they can be pretty dark.

Revolution, Instant Karma, Nowhere Man, Help...

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

What are thread titles I never thought I'd see, Alex?

6. Captain_Kirk

Lennon bearing a major resemblance to Bigfoot in that youtube video as well.

7. CR19

CR19 Member

Was she riding a Moped during the performance?
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Captain_Kirk

qt--I believe the version you refer to in your original post is from the "Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus", which also contains the finest musical performance ever captured on video in The Who's 'A Quick One'.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No, hardly anyone has written on the Beatles. Pity, really

Edit hours later: Dammit, that's what I get for not using the damn quote function to memorialize.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Dooley FTW.

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Well played.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Holy fuck.

If you didn't know better, you'd be wondering why security didn't drag the crazy lady off the stage.

And why did she need the piece of paper? What the hell was on it? Her lyrics?

And it could have been good with out her. I've never really heard him play the blues like that before.

Draft saved Draft deleted