1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The greatness of The Simpsons

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Sideshow Bob, "But wait, if you saved Selma, why did the room explode?"
    Chief Wiggum: "Me and the boys were celebrating a job well done," [cut to Wiggum, Homer, and a few cops smoking cigars] "When I threw my match in the vicinity of the crime scene."
    The police start to take Sideshow Bob away, and he yells, "I'll be back. You can't keep the democrats out of the White House forever. And when they get in, I'm back on the streets, with all my criminal buddies!" (Maniacal laughter).

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That reminds me;

"Lisa, I hope you learned an important lesson. In politics, if you don't get what you want, just complain until you do."

I think that was the quote from Bill Clinton or something.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

It was. Not the exact quote, but close. Marge responds with "That's some pretty lousy advice," and Clinton answers, "Well, I'm a pretty lousy president."

4. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Baby... on board.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

A personal favourite (although JR doesn't think it's as funny as I do) ...

7. Khartoum

Khartoum Active Member

I won't get too sucked into this one for the 1,734th time, but I defy anyone to watch "Lisa On Ice" and tell me The Simpsons (at least, the Simpsons from, say, 1992 to 1997) isn't the most well-written comedy in the history of the medium. I won't even bother quoting the episode, because I'd have to jot down the entire script (and yes, I probably could).

I will say this about Seinfeld. If Jerry Seinfeld had simply written that show, but NBC had cast a real human actor with real human mannerisms and real human speaking abilities, it would have been 100 times better. Jerry Seinfeld's utter inability to act made that show unwatchable at times. He's so. fucking. bad. I'm talking bad. Real bad. Sofia Coppola bad. Yes, that bad.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

By far my favourite episode from start to finish -- and yes I can just about quote the thing verbatim.

The last 10 years of the simpsons has saddly been very forgettable, sure a few good episodes but the consistency is no longer there as it has lived off of its reputation and its loyal followers. The last eight years I rarely get to see a new episode when they come out due to work, but when I catch the reruns there's almost always a feeling of disappointment over what has happened to the show I lived on through school.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Something, something ... Burt Ward.
    Hey, this song writes itself!

Draft saved Draft deleted