1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The greatness of The Simpsons

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Post your favorite aspects of this show as it relates to SportsJournalists.com here.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In anticipation of the flame war ...

[​IMG]

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Lisa: Mom, what are those dogs doing?

Marge: Uh, oh.

Bart: It's like one dog's trying to jump over the other dog, but he can't quite make it.

4. [​IMG]

And all these men prefer Seinfeld to the Simpsons.

Buck is bottom row - 2nd from the left.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Dan Rather: "With me to comment on today's Democratic debate is Andrea Crowley of CNN, Demont Evans of Slate.com and Ron Lehar, a print journalist from The Washington Post."

Nelson Muntz (to Lehar): "Ha ha! Your medium is dying!"

-30-

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Marge (narrating): "It was the 13th hour of the 13th day of the 13th month. We were all there to discuss the misprinted calendars the school had bought."
    Homer (shivering; looking at calendar): "Brrr. Lousy Smarch weather."

[Homer goes to turn up thermostat. Sees sign: "Don't Touch.
    -- Willie"
    Homer: "Don't touch Willie. Good advice."

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Grandpa: "We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones..."

I'll add this: History with Grandpa Simpson:

8. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Homer, in an attempt to work from home, balloons to 300 pounds. On his first day at his home computer: "'To start, press any key.' Where's the any key? Ugh, all of this work is making me tired, I think I'll order a tab."

The last 10 seasons haven't been very good, with Family Guy kind of taking over, but when it was a groundbreaking show, it was outstanding.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Well, he’s kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace “accidentally” with “repeatedly” and replace “dog” with “son.”

10. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Founded in 1883 by Johnny Newspaperseed, The Springfield Shopper is Springfield's number one newspaper - in fact, after merging with The Springfield Times, Springfield Post, Springfield Globe, Springfield Herald, Springfield Jewish News and Hot Sex Weekly, it is now the only major newspaper in Springfield. At one time it was free, but the price has risen over a period of time and is currently sold at 50¢.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[the coffee shop. Kramer is now giving the huge keyring to George.]

GEORGE: Gee, Kramer, I uh...I don't know what to say.

KRAMER: Say yes! Yes, George. Yes!

GEORGE: Should I give you my keys, is that the transaction, trading keys...? Because Elaine has my keys.

KRAMER: Well, you can get 'em back.

GEORGE: I suppose I could.

KRAMER: Because you see, George, having the keys to Jerry's apartment? That kept me in a fantasy world. Every time I went over to his house, it was like I was on vacation. Better food, better view, better TV. And cleaner? Oh - much cleaner. That became my reality. I ignored the squalor in my own life because I'm looking at life, you see, through Jerry's eyes. I was living in twilight, George. Living in the shadows. Living in the darkness...like you.

GEORGE: Me?

KRAMER: Oh, yeah. I can barely see you, George.

GEORGE: Alright, stop it Kramer, you're freakin' me out. (The waitress comes over.)

WAITRESS: Hi, are you ready to order? (George tries to order, but Kramer interrupts.)

KRAMER (moves over and sits next to George): Do you ever yearn?

GEORGE: Yearn? Do I yearn?

KRAMER: I yearn.

GEORGE: You yearn.

KRAMER: Oh, yes. Yes, I yearn. Often, I...I sit...and yearn. Have you yearned?

GEORGE: Well, not recently. I craved. I crave all the time, constant craving...but I haven't yearned.

KRAMER (in disgust): Look at you.

GEORGE: Aw, Kramer, don't start...

KRAMER (moving back to the othe side of the booth): You're wasting your life.

GEORGE: I am not! What you call wasting, I call living! I'm living my life!

KRAMER: O.K., like what? No, tell me! Do you have a job?

GEORGE: No.

KRAMER: You got money?

KRAMER: Do you have a woman?

KRAMER: Do you have any prospects?

KRAMER: You got anything on the horizon?

GEORGE: Uh...no.

KRAMER: Do you have any action at all?

KRAMER: Do you have any conceivable reason for even getting up in the morning?

GEORGE: I like to get the Daily News!

KRAMER: George, it's time for us to grow up - and be men. Not little boys.

GEORGE: Why?

KRAMER: I'm goin' to California. You know, I got the bug.

GEORGE: Yeah, I think I got a touch of something, too.

KRAMER: No, the acting bug. Ever since I was in that Woody Allen movie.

GEORGE: "These pretzels are making me thirsty"? That was one line! You got fired!

KRAMER: I know, I know, but man! I never felt so alive! Now, are you coming with me?

GEORGE: Uh, no, I'm not.

KRAMER: Alright, suit yourself. But let's keep this between us - we're key brothers now. (Gets up to leave.)

GEORGE: You're not really gonna go to California, are you?

KRAMER (points to his head): Up here, I'm already gone. (Kramer exits.)

Draft saved Draft deleted