1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The greatness of Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Aug 10, 2009.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Never got into Sesame Street as kid, and my own kid was much more of a Thomas the Tank Engine dude.

But if you want Sesame Street oddity, here's Perry Como and Julie Andrews singing a 10-minute medley of what seems to be a hundred songs that have either "song" or "sing" in the title.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2cb9n_perry-como-and-julie-andrews-on-ses

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Lil 93 first recognized the television when Elmo came on. She would stop what she was doing the second she heard the theme some roll in.

Honestly, it's the only kids show we put on for her. There is always one in the DVR que, so Dora, Barney, Teletubbies and the others have never had a chance.

One thing I also like is how SS exposes children to other types of music.

Two pretty good fiddle players here...

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I need to get on the Sesame bandwagon. I have a 9-month-old, and all we've ever watched is Yo Gabba Gabba. Which is a terrific show as shows for babies go, but I've seen all of them about 10 times.

4. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I love Yo Gabba Gabba! Pancake Mountain is really great also. Both shows feature musical acts that are more likely to be in Paste than Rolling Stone.

I still like the time Oscar, Grover, Ernie, and Bert did that Slayer song [might want to turn the volume down]:

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Let's count with Feist

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Elmo hamming it up with the Goo Goos...

Probably does not hurt Broadway is close by...

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

These were awesome, and looking back, had to have been the equivalent of an acid trip.

8. dooley_womack1

And what would mommies think of Madonna being insinuated into their kiddies' ears?

9. littlehurt98

littlehurt98 Member

This one was always a favorite. I'm not quite sure what is says about me though.

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

As a longtime Goo Goo Dolls fan, I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry at that bastardization. Is it normal for them to twist regular songs into Sesame-izations? That's gotta be a little strange for kids if they have heard or will hear the regular versions.

Also, I think my favorite Sesame Street moment was watching a behind-the-scenes and realizing Elmo was voiced by a giant black man.

11. dooley_womack1

It says your musical taste needs help.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Brilliantly remade by "Family Guy."

Draft saved Draft deleted