1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The greatness of Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Aug 10, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It had probably been 30 years since I watched Sesame Street, then I had that bouncing little girl in my avatar.

Now that I am watching Sesame Street either on DVR, On Demand or via Youtube almost every day, I am really starting to appreciate just how freeking cool this show is, and thanks to Youtube, there are a ton of vids to choose from for Lil 93.

Some of the many great moments I have with her is sitting in the recliner and watching some of the following videos on the laptop.

Kids or no kids, some of this stuff is pretty darn cool. And I hate to say it, but the guy who does Elmo is fantastic.

Here a few to get this started. Any other favorites?

Call me John...

I would listen to him sing the phone book...

Damn...

And Elmo...

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Holly Robinson Peete's father was Gordon on the show.
    I read somewhere in one of the episodes she was playing one of the kids on the street and Gordon asked them some question and she answered it and called him Dad. It never got edited.

3. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

A new-school favorite I found when my kids started watching ...

4. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Celebrating their 40th anniversary this year. I have the 30th anniversary book, Unpaved, and it is a treasure trove. Hopefully they will issue an updated version.

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

In general, I agree with the premise of this thread. However, Elmo must be stopped.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Stevie with Grover:

Madeline Kahn with Grover:

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Although my kids have outgrown it by now, when they were watching Sesame Street a few years back, a certain tune emerged from the depths of my brain ...

Think pinball, and the number "12." Totally awesome!

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Kids like us, baby, we were born to add! :D

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

"And they had the nerve to put a pimp on there. You can see him pimpin'. He has the cape and everything. Bitch, where is my money? How many times must I smack you before you give me my money? One smack, two smacks, three smacks! Ah Ah Ah." ~ Dave Chapelle

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

The Law & Order parody:

The CSI parody:

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I haven't watched Sesame Street in many, many years (my kid never seemed to get into it) but this was great.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I always liked an episode where an opera singer (I don't know who she is) starts out singing this wonderful operatic song ...

Then she stops and pulls out a cookie.

And then she starts singing ..." C is for Cookie that's good enough for me ..."

Always got a kick out of a professional singing a little kid's tune.

Draft saved Draft deleted