1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Greatest Stories Never Told

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Aug 26, 2011.

1. This Alex Beam piece got me thinking that many on this board have great stories or anecdotes that never made it into print. Stories like the rumors of Rafael Palmeiro and Ryne Sandberg's wife being the reason Palmeiro got traded from the Cubs. What stories do you have to share?

Anyway - here's the very good Alex Beam piece worth it just for this line
    http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/print/2005/11/the-greatest-stories-never-told/4334/

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I vaguely recall there being a legendary column in the early days of USA Today, maybe written by Phil Mushnick – is that even possible, was he ever there, I truly do not remember – and the lead waxed on about how women do not sweat right. Like I say, details verrrry hazy indeed.

3. One of my favorite stories from this board was of John Clayton getting drunk, sleeping over someone's apartment and pissing himself.

Who hasn't done that?

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

He hasn't, at least according to him. A friend of mine begs to differ though.

Draft saved Draft deleted