1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The greatest season in TV history coming to DVD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Oct 29, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Of course he has a plan. You think the leader of the free world doesn't have a plan?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Zeke, when will the President reveal his secret plan?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Well, if he revealed it, then it wouldn't be a secret, now, would it?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I had woot canaw!

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You had what?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

WOOT CANAW!

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I know, I just wanted to hear you say it again.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Just wanted to check in to say I was wrong. Well, I guess not that I was wrong but that the show gets way better. I'm late in season 2 right now, and it's pretty damn great. Been knocking them out as fast as Netflix will send them.

Without the SJ Wire circle jerk, I might never have given it a chance. So thanks, and be sure to use a wetnap.

9. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

BestBuy.com had a NUTS sale on HBO shows recently. I was able to get Seasons 1-3 of The Wire for $17 apiece and seasons 1-5 of Curb for $15 each. Couldn't afford not to get them.

Wife and I are methodically working our way through the Wire (we're halfway through Season 1 now). Very good show. We'll see if it's "the best ever" by the time I'm done with Season 4.

Also, the end of West Wing, Amazon has Season 1 for $18 and Target.com has most of the rest for $15. Think I'll pick some of those up, too.

Any quality season of TV for less than $20 sounds good to me.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Season 4 of The Wire will rip your heart out and show it to you.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

10 x Seinfeld might cause a heart attack from orgasmic viewing pleasure, so I better not watch it. 6 x Seinfeld is about the most my system can safely handle.

12. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Amazon has shipped me season 4. It's due to arrive this week (no HBO, so I've not yet seen it). By Thursday. I can't wait.

Draft saved Draft deleted