1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The greatest season in TV history coming to DVD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Better Brian than Rickie, I suppose.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Please tell me the series picks up after the first three episodes of the first season. That's all I've seen so far and I thought it was just OK. I kept getting taking out of it when the British actor playing McNulty struggled to maintain an American accent.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Season 2 of WKRP with original music? Season 8 of Cheers?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Keep watching. But I was hooked after the first scene of the first episode, so what do I know, you know?

Snot Boogie, and all.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Got to, man. This is America.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And DD, I never got to score with Angela, either.

My problem was I was always falling in teenage love with Rayanne Graf.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'm with you. After people on here repeatedly declared this show the greatest thing that's ever been before human eyes, I've started watching Season 1. So far, I don't get it. A run-of-the-mill procedural. If it doesn't get a whole lot better, some of you will have some 'splaining to do.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That's been out on DVD for years. I got it before I moved to Montana.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, for starters, it's not a police procedural

I don't know how many episodes you've watched but it starts off at an un-TV like pace--more like a Russian novel.

10. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

I will say, it was more police-procedural-y in the first few episodes. Then it quickly realized its heart was in the street, and in plumbing the dysfunction of the modern American city. If that stuff doesn't interest you, The Wire's probably not your cup of tea. But, yeah, taken over its whole arc, it's the best television show I've ever seen.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeah, the first part starts off a simple police procedural but that just sets up the rest of the season nicely. :)

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The new and improved DVDs just got released. Better sound quality than the original DVD release, plus extras. Woo-hoo!

And DD, I hope you've gotten the Brian Krakow fro under control.

Draft saved Draft deleted