1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The great thing about this election...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, May 16, 2008.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I hope spinning's original point is not lost, because it's interesting.

I'm not sure all the cards will be put on the table, but a lot will.

Neighbors will being looking at neighbors with a 'huh?!'

As in: "I can't believe you'd say something racist. I never knew."

Or: "I can't believe you'd support him for president. I never knew."

Relatives will get to know relatives a little better. Same goes for business associates, acquaintances... Your dentist...

Really interesting time in American history.

Like the song says, There's something happening here.

2. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

That was exactly my point. There are legitimate reasons to support McCain, and doing so doesn't necessarily make one a racist. But there will be very telling narratives, just like that idiot 24 year old quoted in the Chicago Tribune a few posts up. Very telling.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My favorite line is from the folks that say they arent' voting for Obama because they worry that he'd be a target for nut jobs. They like him so much they want to save his life, for his wife and kids, you know.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

There was someone in Indiana who said she couldn't vote for Obama because she believed he was muslim. When the reporter said, "you know that e-mail has been proven wrong, right?" she said something along the lines of he can say whatever he wants or "I just can't believe that proof."

It's like someone gets a forwarded e-mail from someone they trust and they feel like that person would never lie to them, so they believe it and send it on. Then those people feel the same way and believe it and send it on. It's a sad culture we've become...refusing to question anything we receive by e-mail.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I heard a great disucussion about the "e-mail forwarding culture" on POTUS 08 (XM channel) and the impact these e-mails have.

Naturally this is a huge issue the MSM is missing.

Every legit news organization should have a reporter covering what's being forwarded on e-mail-- and getting to the truth of it.

Instead, news orgs have reporters covering "blogs." Who gives a rat's ass?

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They just don't want too many people to know about the free trips to Disney that Bill Gates is paying for. Now quick, foward this to all your friends.

7. Generally I don't agree with your politics in the slightest, zag, but I'm with you on this 100 percent. Clean out the dueling dynasties and get fresh blood in there one way or another.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

... is seeing 75,000 people in Oregon who care about the election, about politics show up for a single candidate.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted