1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Great Gatsby! Now in 3D!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 10, 2011.

1. ChrisRcc

ChrisRcc Member

Here's my question. What in The Great Gatsby could be shot in 3D?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The Scarlet Letter -- now in Times New Roman!

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Me, too. I watched most of "Avatar" with the glasses off because I would have hurled if I kept them on.

4. ChrisRcc

ChrisRcc Member

Watch A Tale of Two Cities in 3D! Watch as Sydney Carton's chopped-off head flies from the guillotine!

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Crime and Punishment in 3-D. Axe murder like you're the victim!!!
    But I tell you, there's an Oscar in it for the director who does Waiting for Godot 3-D.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm anxiously awating Pixar's Walden.

7. ChrisRcc

ChrisRcc Member

Now that would be a good Wii game.

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I keep waiting for Basic Instinct in 3D

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Recovering himself in a minute he opened for us two hulking patent cabinets which held his massed suits and dressing-gowns and ties, and his shirts, piled like bricks in stacks a dozen high.

“I’ve got a man in England who buys me clothes. He sends over a selection of things at the beginning of each season, spring and fall.”

He took out a pile of shirts and began throwing them, one by one, before us, shirts of sheer linen and thick silk and fine flannel, which lost their folds as they fell and covered the table in many-colored disarray. While we admired he brought more and the soft rich heap mounted higher — shirts with stripes and scrolls and plaids in coral and apple-green and lavender and faint orange, and monograms of Indian blue. Suddenly, with a strained sound, Daisy bent her head into the shirts and began to cry stormily.

“They’re such beautiful shirts,” she sobbed, her voice muffled in the thick folds. “It makes me sad because I’ve never seen such — such beautiful shirts before.”

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Can never read about idiotic 3-D ideas without thinking of SCTV's "3-D House of Pancakes"

11. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Good one. Yes, this movie just begs for 3-D because, you know, it's really not about the dialogue.

12. ChrisRcc

ChrisRcc Member

I agree. Imagine having Robert Redford throwing silk shirts at you.

Draft saved Draft deleted