1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The great Bleacher Report site to be bought for 200 million!!!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by blog415, Jun 21, 2012.

1. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

I wouldn't describe it as jealousy, at least in my own head. What pisses me off is that the sports society at large accepts BR and its line of crap as journalism. I'd compare it to teeny-boppers believing the top-40 music they spend their parents' hard-earned money on today is actually "good," even though it's all electronic, ripped off - excuse me, sampled - and takes about three minutes to come up with a melody that doesn't change for 3 1/2 minutes. And it sells.

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

There's an easy way to solve that problem, by hitting the "block all results from (site)" link. Improved my searches instantly.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That exists? I didn't know, but will investigate.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/hide-sites-to-find-more-of-what-you.html

I sure do not see the option shown here in my Google searches.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Putting BR on blast? Love it, pseudo. Now there's a button we can talk about. And I won't truly believe in BR until it does a top 10,000 NFL list.

6. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Bleacher Report: Too much "bleacher" not enough "report."

7. JPsT

JPsT Member

Definitely one of my TOP 10 FAVORITE BROWSER DECISIONS I've made this year.

In all honesty, there are a few guys on BR who write well, but I can't devote the effort to sift through the mounds of feces to find the few kernels of corn.

8. Ice9

Ice9 Active Member

I don't know who the hell King Kaufman is, but Bleacher Report sucks. I want to know what the long-term goals are for a website consisting of basically Top 10 lists and fanboy columns from kids. Yeah, I'm jealous that you work for MomsBasement.com, assjack.

9. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Which was exactly what they want. After I reported Hugh Freeze to Ole Miss, they told me they don't want professional writers. They were dead-set on letting fans write. Which is their niche, I guess. I was there with B/R from the first few months it was online. My first posts there were horrid. Stupid stuff. My most read articles were "Picking the bowls by who has a better looking uniform" and "Top 10 worst uniforms of all-time" and, my favorite, "Why the college football world hates Ohio State".

That's what they want. People read it. Don't ask why. But for them it works. It worked to the tune of $200M

10. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

There is nothing "great" about Bleacher Report.

11. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

$200 million! If we could all be so luckily

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"You'll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

- H L Mencken, 2011 Bleacher Report Top Ten List of Insults to Bleacher Report

Draft saved Draft deleted