1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The great Bleacher Report site to be bought for 200 million!!!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by blog415, Jun 21, 2012.

1. blog415

blog415 Member

http://allthingsd.com/20120621/after-divorcing-sports-illustrated-turner-wants-to-hook-up-with-bleacher-report/

Great news for B/R employees and fans and readers alike. Good job.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great deal for B/R's founders. The readers won't give a shit either way.

As for the "employees," they should research what happened to the money when AOL bought Huffington Post. Quick hint there: Unless the employee was Arianna Huffington, the employee didn't get two nickels.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

If blogger boy read the article, he would have caught on to the fact that Turner hasn't bought Bleacher Report yet.

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Let's hope not. If I cared about what some guy who is sitting in his mamma's basement thought about sports, I'd go live in my mamma's basement.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

BR? Try a slideshow or Top 10.

6. blog415

blog415 Member

Blogger boy isn't mad at B/R for
    I'm happy for B/R and the founders. ANd my blog got 40k hits the other day so i'm happy myself. There is enough hits and traffic to go around for all

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I actually looked up who the most popular "writers" for BR are. They are those who specialize in hottest wife/girlfriend/cheerleaders/athletes/sportscaster/ "stories."

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Slideshow of U. of Arizona baseball fans?

9. blog415

blog415 Member

For all the B/R bashers, I know that most of u guys would work for them if u guys were luckily enough to be hired by them.

They have lots of great hires lately including King Kaufman, and lots of top NFL and NBA and MMA and MLB writers.

I think a lot of journalists are jealous now since they work for a newspaper that is dying perhaps.

I don't know but that is my professional opinion.

10. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

We'd use the word "you" and proper sentence structure if we did.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I especially love the use of "professional opinion."

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

H8RZ is the preferred spelling.

Draft saved Draft deleted