1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Good Guys

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Just thinking: Fox has nailed it, for me, this season.

Between Glee, Good Guys, Lie to Me and Human Target (along with vets House, Fringe, Bones, Idol et al), their stuff has been pretty solid. Better battering average than the other networks in my home, at least, especially when you factor in that they have only two hours of primetime a night.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

In fairness, who's to say everybody in the stands was a Cubs fan?

3. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

Agreed. I watch Fox and SyFy more than any other channel. Occasionally NBC. I can't tell you the last time I watched a show on ABC or CBS for any reason other than a sporting event.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Throw in FX and "Justified" and they had a very strong year in development.

The Good Guys will pair well with Human Target on Fridays. Still think Whitford needs to fine tune the character a bit. I find it hard not to refer to my laptop these days as a "computer machine."

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Ha! I've been doing that, too. I had some internet probs earlier today, too, and along with getting pissed I actually yelled "Is it go-time!?" Made myself laugh, lightened up, and then the 'net came back on.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Chicago estimated that 2.5 million packed downtown for that thing. A buddy told the local TV flunky said that a Cubs parade would attract 10 or 20 times as many.

Sometimes I think all it takes to get on TV is a pulse.

7. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

I saw the sneak preview thing and really enjoyed it. Didn't get to catch the last two, though. Are the sneak preview and the pilot/series premiere different? Fox did the same thing with Human Target. It's confusing. I JUST WANT SOME G-DDAMN ANSWERS! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLT!

Anyway, what I saw of The Good Guys, I liked. A fantastic hour of TV. I assume the cheesyness is exactly what they're aiming for, and it seemed to work in a really clever way. I'd watch again, but probably not and never on a Friday. That's where TV shows go to die, IMO.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Given crack Cub talent evaluation . . . and the high likelihood they'll start over with a new manager after this year, I wouldn't worry too much about
    any Cub parades, any time in the foreseeable.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Lou Pinella's not dumb, you know.

10. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I've seen some strange thread-jacks, but this one is the champ.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yeah, but it remains one of the great one-city sporting tug o' wars of them all, because both sides care so much.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The guy won over 1,800 games as a manager, and he's not a damn dummy.

Draft saved Draft deleted