1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Good Guys

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Is anyone else watching this? Pretty funny.

Tom Hanks' kid is a damned good straightman and Brad Whitford has left Josh Lyman faaaaaar behind with this drunken veteran cop. Seriously, Whitford's good for at least one hokey, 70s'-inspired one-liner per episode. Tonight, he kissed a smart-ass rich punk (after asking "Can I hit him?" and getting told no) to give him the flu.

Whitford (afterward): "I don't think he liked the 'stache."
    Hanks: "Well, Dan, who does?"
    Whitford: "The ladies. The ladies."
    ;D

EDIT: This, after last week, when Whitford was trying to get information from his partner's laptop — which he kept calling "the computer machine." At one point, he'd threatened it with a gun and had it on the ground threatening it with "Is it go-time!? IS IT GO-TIME!?!"

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I thought you meant the 1968 series with Bob Denver and Herb Edelman. My bad.

[​IMG]

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Man, now I really want to read "The House that Alpert's Brass Built."

4. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

This show is genius.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I want to like it more than I do. I watched the first ep (the sneak preview, I guess) and am DVRing it, but I just can't get into it. I do like Colin Hanks in this, and I love Bradley Whitford. But I hope it will connect with me soon. I want to like it.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I thought this thread was about the White Sox.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Booooooooooooooooo.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

If it were, it would have been titled "The Loosers"

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Or "Ozzie and Harrassment"

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Now that, I like.

When they fire Ozzie, I'll take him in NY. He succeeded Jerry Manuel in Chi, can do it again in NY.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

That's exactly what the crowd at Wrigley Field said - deservedly so - when Ozzie tried to tell them that the Sox championship parade was "better" than that of the Blackhawks.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If there's one thing Cubs fans are qualified to rank, it's championship parades.

Draft saved Draft deleted