1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Goldman Sachs Tweeter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JakeandElwood, Aug 15, 2011.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Someone claiming to be a banker at Goldman has launched a Twitter feed of things he (and others that are submitted to him) hear on the elevator at Goldman. It's been pretty funny so far. The feed is @GSElevator.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/08/12/meet-the-goldman-sachs-employee-behind-gselevator/?partner=yahoofinance

At the end he says he doesn't know CEO Lloyd Blankfein but does say he could give the NYT his home and cell if they want it.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We're going to see a lot more of this kind of stuff -- see Conde Nast.

And, companies are not going to like it. Better be doing it from your smart phone on the 3G network and not over the company's network.

3. JakeandElwood

Yeah, I never saw the Conde thing, apparently there have been several accounts similar to it before. And he says in the article he isn't doing it from his phone, he's only using a laptop he paid cash for and is only tweeting from wifi hotspots.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

If the feed is GSElevator, I hope this is one tweet: "I killed a man with my bare hands after he said, 'Must be taking the local!'"

5. JakeandElwood

There have been a few good lines, but this has been quite disappointing since I started following it.

Draft saved Draft deleted