1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Golden State Killer (non-NBA edition)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Apr 25, 2018.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've actually followed this case a bit.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Patton Oswalt's wife wrote the book about him. He finished it after she died.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Trump loves first responders.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

You want to sleep at night? Do NOT listen to the messages he left on people's answering machines...most years after he attacked them. Nightmare fuel.

That being said, a lot of people in California can sleep easy tonight for the first time in 40 years now that this bastard is caught.

In the world of true crime, this is the equivalent of catching the Zodiac, Jack the Ripper, or the guy who murdered the Black Dahlia. This. Is. HUGE. Mostly because he started robbing houses, then he became the East Area Rapist, then he escalated to being the Original Night Stalker (not be confused with Richard Ramirez.) It was only in 2001 that they connected the East Area Rapist and the Original Night Stalker through DNA.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

8. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Never heard of this case either. If you are retroactively convicted you should face the punishment that was in vogue at the time of the commision of the crime. Justice here would be the gas chamber.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Richard Ramirez was terrifying.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Her name is Michelle McNamara.

Hermes, Dyno and justgladtobehere like this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Me either. I’m not a true crime buff, but I thought I was pretty up on cases like this. I’ve heard of the Zodiac but this case never hit my radar. Glad they caught him. The bit about putting china on people’s backs to know if they were moving is brilliant and chilling.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Oswalt said as much today in response to all the “Patton Oswalt’s wife” stuff. He tweeted something like “I was Michelle McNamara’s husband.”

Draft saved Draft deleted