1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Glee curse

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MTM, Jul 9, 2020.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

And there's some speculation on Twitter that this was suicide, but I wonder. If they were swimming and he had a vest on and she didn't, if she got tired she could have just gone under, after she lifted him in boat or helped him up the ladder. It's a lot easier to drown than most people realize.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It also strikes me as a pretty bizarre method - Drown yourself while your 4-year-old son watches? Unless they find a note or some proof of a suicide, the far simpler and more likely explanation to me is that she had an accident.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Her brother was a pretty damn good tight end at Tennessee a few years back.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

At first I thought the Glee Curse was actually having to sit through one episode. (ducks ... related to Gleeks ... they don't take kindly to such blasphemy).

SFIND likes this.
  6. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Irony comes cheap these days.

Her last credit on IMDB is for a show called "Step Up: High Water."

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

She also sang a song on the show about dying young, which I've now seen the clip of about 500 times between local and national news, and the entertainment shows.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

The TV news last night had security video of her arriving at the lake in her Mercedes SUV. Parking lot is empty. She rolls through a tandem parking spot, then backs up into the space, but misses and is angled over both restraining lines. Hardly matters since there are no other cars around. Video shows her getting into a rental boat, just her and the kid, and launching into the lake. No other boats around. Dock manager confirmed that there were two on the boat when it left. When her rental time had expired, they went out to tell her to come back to the dock, found the kid alone on the boat. Kid apparently didn't know what happened to Mom, or so they said. They said she had rented boats there before and knew the lake. Two days of searching had not produced the body. Sad.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Why couldn't it have been Lea Michelle?

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

From my time in Lake Havasu City, seems like it generally took three days for drowned bodies to come to the surface. Usually just a twilight and I was the only one in the newsroom and had to make the calls. But could take longer if the body got caught in vegetation in the water.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Jesus.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Eh. Not proud of that one, but not fond of actors/actresses who are total shits in RL. Shannon Doherty for example.

My making a shitty snide remark will not harm her in any way.

Draft saved Draft deleted