1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The girl in the window

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bob Cook, Aug 3, 2008.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Video package is excellent.

2. one of the best pieces of journalism that i've ever seen

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Appreciated the notes at the end explaining how they got some of their stuff, instead of constructing a lede based on what they thought happened ...

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

What a wonderful story... would love to read a follow up in a few years.

5. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Absolutely phenomenal piece of journalism. I just left a voicemail for the writer, because I was so moved. Damn, man, what an awful - but compelling - story.

6. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Wow. I've spent the first hour at work today engulfed in that piece. That's excellent journalism and it's hard not to be moved by that. Thanks for the link.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

bookmark

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Excellent piece. The ending was a little too quick for me, like they ran out of space or something.

But overall, very engrossing. And God bless the respondents on this thread for not using the tired 'It's dusty in here" response.

(sits back, waits for the first smartass to post "it's dusty in here")

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Agreed. One of the worst phrases on this board.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

What galled me the most is that the woman who gave birth to Danielle (I refuse to use the word "mother" here) doesn't seem to get what the problem is. The fact that she is not spending the rest of her miserable life in prison is crazy.

The family that adopted Danielle, though...what amazing people.

11. dargan

dargan Active Member

That's unbelievable. Totally mind-blowing. Crockett's IQ number was a telling statistic, especially considering one of the sons was a special-education child.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yea, she'd have been borderline in school. Her IQ is just above the cutoff for mild mental retardation.

Some people simply shouldn't be allowed to have children and a woman who seems to have that little understanding of what to do with a child would be one of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted