1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The gift that keeps on giving...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Colton, Jun 13, 2012.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

2. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Any other CNHIers a little nervous about how closely the company might be monitoring what else is happening with newspapers in Alabama right now?

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

Kato: Most definitely, especially since it's in their own relative back yard. Yikes...

4. slotman1

slotman1 New Member

@james_cimburek: fat-cat bonuses would be galling enough, but if you dig into the Retirement Systems of Alabama, one of cnhi's major, if not largest investors, you'll find we're being bled quarterly to feed one of the most generous public employee pension systems in the country. Pretty much any public worker in the state has a 25-and-out option: full benefits after 25 years, regardless of age. Kinda pisses off those of us with 30+ years in newspapers who are looking at cnhi's shitty 401k.
    . And as far as big chain resources, you were joking' right? Remember we're talking cnhi here.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Given up on CNHI. Worked for one of the properties for a little while and came to the realization the problems were beyond my ability to solve, which is actually saying a great deal considering I have fixed things at just about every place I worked prior to that time.

I REALLY hate to say this..... but the best advice I can give to the folks working there is simply get out at the first opportunity possible. They will run you into the ground. Get a few clips if you really need them and then get out of dodge. This outfit is not going to do anything to help you, personally or professionally.

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

For purely informational purposes:

CNHI was founded in 1997 with a $110 million check from the Retirement System of Alabama, a pension fund for that state's public employees.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The American free enterprise system at work.

Yep, with taxpayer dollars.

8. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Did anyone think this thread would be about "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation?" ;D

9. Colton

Colton Active Member

The Jelly of the Month Club, of course.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If only that meant getting the Chicago Blackhawks Griswold sweater ...

11. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

No, I thought it would be about herpes, which might be preferable to hearing news about CNHI
    Good luck, everyone

Draft saved Draft deleted