1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Giambi Mess

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, May 20, 2007.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

So there are steroids in baseball?? We are shocked, simply shocked!!

1. Did Giambi just assume everyone knew he took steroids, so it would be no big deal?

2. Did Cashman, with a straight face, say that no one in baseball had any knowledge of anything, so no one should apologize except for the bad bad players??

3. If Giambi's contract is voided, how many other players will be selling insurance by next summer?

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

1. Technically, he still hasn't admitted to using steroids. Admittedly, it's a rather fine hair to split but still ... he said "stuff" rather than "steroids."

2. Sure looked like it to me.

3. See also answer 1. Would anybody discuss voiding his contract if he weren't in the current slump?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

How long until creamora shows up creaming about how great Giambi is and how Game Of Shadows is 368 pages of lies?

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This story annoys me. I don't think Giambi should get a free pass, but he actually sat in front of the grand jury and told the truth by all accounts. He seems to WANT to be able to just be honest about what he did. But judging by the reaction he gets every time he opens his mouth baseball is more interested in chopping his head off at this point so it can look like outraged than it is interested in him just being honest and getting stuff out in the open.

Why not just let guys fess up about what they did in the past and move on? Most guys won't be honest and open... but why not at least create an environment where they can?

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Would the Yankees be looking to void Giambi's contract if he was hitting and healthy?

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Barry Bonds for comeback player of the year!

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Like Cashman, Steinbrenner, and every other baseball exec truthfully beleived that Giambi had never put a steriod in his body when the Yanks snatched him up. Gimme a break. The guy's body resembled John Cena in his Oakland days.

Fact is, obviously, if he was still hitting 40+ homers and mashing at an MVP level, this would be a non-issue. But he's on pace for a pedestrian 21 HR's and 77 RBI's, can't field, and is being paid big money, so Cashman wants out. Can't say I blame him for atleast trying.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

What did he come back from, putting steroids in his body? Please.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Knee surgery.

P.S. Are you talkin' about Giambi or Bonds? :D

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

What did he come back from, putting steroids in his body? Please.
    [/quote]Knee surgery.

[/quote]Bonds.

He may break his own record for intentional walks in a season. Who protects him in that lineup? If I'm a manager, I give him the four-wide treatment. Or I tell my pitcher to put one in his ass.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Knee surgery.

[/quote]Bonds.

He may break his own record for intentional walks in a season. Who protects him in that lineup? If I'm a manager, I give him the four-wide treatment. Or I tell my pitcher to put one in his ass.
    [/quote]
    Hey man, they guy is putting up numbers after coming back from some serious knee problems(at the age of 42). If you're gonna give it to Giambi, shouldn't you give it Bonds?

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Bonds.

He may break his own record for intentional walks in a season. Who protects him in that lineup? If I'm a manager, I give him the four-wide treatment. Or I tell my pitcher to put one in his ass. [/quote]
    Hey man, they guy is putting up numbers after coming back from some serious knee problems(at the age of 42). If you're gonna give it to Giambi, shouldn't you give it Bonds?[/quote]

At least Giambi apologized. He couldn't say he used but he apologized for what he did. Has Bonds ever shown any remorse? No. All he's done is be the ill-tempered, mean-spirited, shallow excuse of a human being he's always been. He didn't know what he was putting into his body? Right. If you believe that, there's a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you.

Draft saved Draft deleted