1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The genius that is David Caruso

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

First of all, I just laughed my ass off for seven straight minutes... That was priceless...

The thing about Caruso is every time I see him overacting on CSI: Miami, I just flash back to how outstanding he was during the season and a half he was on NYPD: Blue.

When Caruso was on NYPD: Blue, it may have been the best show ever on network TV, largely because of him.

Now, he's a caricature of himself. But he's on a top 10 show and I would imagine he's not stupid enough to leave this time. Of course after what William Peterson is doing, I have never stopped being amazed at how stupid television actors can be.

What have Julianna Margulies, Anthony Edwards, Eriq LaSalle among others been up to since they left ER? If anything I respect the actors who are smart enough to know that they need to milk everything they can out of a hit TV show.

Look at Bob Saget, a very good and dirty comedian, who will forever be known as milquetoast Danny Tanner because of Full House. I remember hearing him on Stern and when he was asked if that bothered him, he casually mentioned that because of syndication deals, he still pulls in seven figures a year from a show that has been off the air for about a decade or so...

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He peaked when he washed out of Officer and a Gentleman

3. Fixed.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

If you want to see two actors just chewing their way through the scenery, go check out the movie Caruso did after leaving NYPD Blue. In "Kiss of Death," there was a flat-out contest on who was worse, Davey or Nick Cage. Even Shatner blanched, I'm guessing, at the prospect of watching it again.

5. Franklin

Franklin Member

greatest thing ever. i've recently become addicted to the show for this very reason. do we have a name for the pre-credit one-liner uttered over a dead body? orbach was pretty good at that, too.

6. NDub

NDub Guest

Truly outstanding.

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

And then David Caruso put on his sunglasses. Yeeeaaaaaaah dun duuuun

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I have never seen a David Caruso line in my life. I'm 45 seconds into that video, and would pay-per-view for like an hour of that.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That was priceless, except that he never mentioned "Mr. Wolf" in the 7:16 of that entire clip.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

(removes sunglasses)
    You OK?
    (Puts sunglasses back on)
    YEAAAAAHHHHH! We don't get fooled again...

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Actually, Kiss of Death is one of my favorite "guilty pleasures"

David Caruso
    Nic Cage
    Samuel L. Jackson
    Helen Hunt

Not a bad cast...

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Oh my God ... watching that you realize how close to the Walker, Texas Ranger line of ridiculous acting Caruso has treaded ... if he hasn't already sped well past it.

Draft saved Draft deleted