1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Gabby Petito story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 20, 2021.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

MSM doesn't feed us food we don't want to eat.

NPR does, which is why they have .03 percent the market that MSM does.

It's not the media's fault. It's the consumers.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

All of the above.

Every white woman in newsroom seems enthralled by this story.

I asked, while we all in “the pit” as to why. Definitely a vibe of when a young woman takes a long trip with a significant other and there is always a slight fear of being chopped up.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I say this all the time. The consumers drive the bus on this.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I blame Lifetime movies. And soccer.

OscarMadison and heyabbott like this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"My Husband's Affair With Our Daughter's Goalie" -- "Karen thought she had the perfect family. That is, until her husband became their daughter's soccer team's coach ..."

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Also known as "Red Flag" in some markets.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I laughed out loud at this.

8. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

The next day? Shit, the cops would have been waiting for him in the driveway with tasers, nooses and Fox News reporters.

9. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

This was referenced on another thread, but who decided they were "YouTube stars?"

I looked the channel up. They had posted one video, which was pretty poorly constructed.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Whatever you do, don’t check out the r/GabbyPetitio subreddit. Or do, if you’re a voyeur like me who wastes his life wondering WTF is wrong with people.

I don’t think Gabby-concerners and Qanon dipshits are exactly the same circle, man you sure as hell can see the same flawed logic that builds upon itself. They go from “What’s the fiancé’s name again?” to Jason Bourne skills secret agent in an hour.

OP: “What are the odds that two campers would get murdered in Moab AND Brian would murder Gabby in Wyoming AND they’d find a dead body behind an Alabama dumpster in a town where someone thought they maybe kinda sorta spotted Brian yesterday?”

No. 2: “Well poster, my cousin is a police officer in training and he said those odds are zero. The real question is, who did Brian kill in Alabama? I assume it’s the guy who gave him a ride, or maybe it someone who recognized him and Brian killed this person to keep up his escape.”

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

CF52A5A2-CF13-4138-B722-02A5EADC8C76.jpeg Any of you still in the media? This just came across my IG feed. Let’s go. Make it happen.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The same panel that determines if a banana republic leader is a “strongman.”

garrow and SFIND like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted