1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Future For Terrelle Pryor

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 9, 2009.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

And as Slappy said, she was touching her face.... er., he's just a freshman. Give him time.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

In your retarded world, your speculation and summation mean a lot. In reality, they mean about as much as mine. How can you say Michigan would've been a better fit? He thought Ohio State was his best choice. That's all that matters.
    You are correct when you say give him time but your observation carries no weight. The same as mine.

3. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Troy Smith didn't have half the running ability Pryor has, and he also had a cannon, which Pryor does not have. Pryor would have killed it in Rich Rod's system. If Tressel's offense doesn't look a lot different next year, then I'll have my doubts.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No one else said end of discussion... once again, you're the arbiter for all of us.
    And I'm sure my mentally challenged 10-year-old neighbor and her family appreciate your "retarded world" reference.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Did you ever hear of a guy by the name of Pat White?

I think his skill set is closer to Pryors than Troy Smith and, well that Rodriguez guy did OK utilizing Pat White -- who won a BCS game as a freshman, by the way.

Just sayin'

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Pryor would be amazing running that Rich Rod zone read that Pat White /Steve Slaton ran. He would have been amazing running it this year with Beanie Wells.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Give it a rest slappy.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He should be playing basketball and football at his current school. That is his best fit.

9. Boom_70

Sub Pryor for Pat White in this system . Watch the Zone read plays and imagine Pryor running them.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I don't see any reason why Tressel, as good a coach as he is, doesn't have that same play and system in the tOSU offense next season.

Pryor was going to be fine wherever he went, because he's a talented player that coaches will build an offense around. Obviously with the use of Boeckman on key passing plays in the Fiesta Bowl, he needs to work on his passing skills, but he's got eight months to do that.

11. Boom_70

You can't just put the spread in - see Auburn. Its a huge commitment.

12. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

Prez, Pryor's arm is better than Smith's. Far better. He needs to work on some mechanics to help with his accuracy, and decision-making, which will come in time. He's bigger, faster and stronger than Smith. Smith worked his ass of. Whether Pryor does remains to be seen.

Pryor, remember, was not just in high school last year, but in the peewee division.

GB-Hack, Tressel is not a good coach. He's a great recruiter. His teams have underachieved, except for the one he had that was recruited mostly by Cooper (an even better recruiter, but an even worse coach), and that team was perhaps the benefactor of more good fortune than any in the history of sports. In reality, that team could have been 6-6.

Draft saved Draft deleted