1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Funnies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OscarMadison, Feb 14, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Nancy.

In college we laughed so much at the sheer absurdity of it we'd practically pass out.

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Somewhere there has to be footage of Betty White admitting she dated Sluggo.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing, the Jim Davis/Garfield sketch in “I Think You Should Leave” is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

Calvin and Hobbes is far and away my favorite comic.

OscarMadison and Tighthead like this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Tank McNamara's still around?
    Loved Non Sequitor, but the local paper dropped it last year.
    But, yeah, Peanuts, Far Side, Calvin and Hobbes, and while he's not as close to the news as when it was a daily strip, Doonesbury

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Love Calvin and Hobbes and I was a big fan of Sherman's Lagoon but have to admit I haven't looked at it in years. I was a big Bloom County fan but don't know if it has aged that well when I see old strips online or flip through some of the books I have here.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I have a soft spot for Bizarro. At least once a week he makes me laugh out loud.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Good call on Get Fuzzy, folks - that did such a slow fade from my consciousness, but I loved it when it was coming out. It's still my user icon for Steam, and I would clip them from the paper and hang them on my dorm's door. Non Sequitur was also good, but it always felt like an homage to Far Side, and doing a B+ job at it.

When it comes to meta-comics discussion, by the way, The Comics Curmudgeon is required reading, if any of you folks haven't stumbled across it already.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

First time I check that guy's site out and he is talking about Shoe, used to love that, had no idea it was still around.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Wow. Same here. The guy who drew it died 20 years ago.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I’ve had a print of a Get Fuzzy comic framed over my desk for years.

[​IMG]

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

This is my Steam avatar, and the beauty of Get Fuzzy a lot of the times was that all you needed was a single panel for the jokes to land:

[​IMG]

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Calvin and Hobbes

Far Side, Pearls Before Swine
    Snoopy-related Peanuts comics

Non-Snoopy Peanuts comics

Getting hit by a train

Dilbert

OscarMadison and tea and ease like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted