1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Franchise: A Season with the San Francisco Giants"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stitch, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I could only get through 15 minutes. Maybe because I was too tired, but it felt just as forced as "The Club" was on MLB Network last year.

I'll try to watch it this weekend when I'm alert to see if it's any better.

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I DVR'd it Wednesday and watched the first episode last night. Like you, I had a little trouble getting through it because -- unlike HBO's "Hard Knocks" and "Hockey Hard Knocks" -- there didn't seem to be much of a flow to it.

I have to think a big reason for that was that they were wrapping up an entire half a season (and, for that matter, the post-World Series celebration) in an hour. Impossible to really focus on any characters or subplots when you're compressing 4.5 months into 60 minutes.

I'll give Showtime another chance next week to see if the staff does a better job with less necessary ground to cover, and more time to develop the storylines -- not just giving us a rundown of the play-by-play from March to mid-July.

3. mb

mb Active Member

Excellent. One more avenue for Brian Wilson to express his attentionwhoreishness. Now, if we could only get another reality singing show ...

Draft saved Draft deleted