1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The forgotten victims of the finanical crisis: The Wall Street Wives

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I'm sure there is a heartrending story to be written about how the financial crisis has destroyed families, devastated incomes, and basically torn apart the lives of the Wall Street families.

And . . . this isn't it. The quotes from the subject pictured at the top of the story see to that.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-wallstreetwives25-2008oct25,0,1224656.story

I'm usually not of the "hate the Rich" crowd, since I wouldn't mind being in that whole "never a worry about money" club. But this smacks of the type of people who are upset because they have to give up their house in the Hamptons or something. "It's a tragedy! My husband only brings home $200,000 a year now!"

We'll start a collection for you.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

How'd you like to be the husband, with your wife letting the whole world know she didn't marry you for your looks, sense of humor or personality.
    I weep for the second-homeless.

I imagine divorce attorneys might be finding times are good.

3. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Is that woman made of gold? Look at her face.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Cellulite maybe...

5. Editude

Editude Active Member

Chubby and clubby is not a good combination.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The Wall Street Wives will be a Lifetime series any moment now.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sample dialogue: "As bad as 9/11 was, at least they got $1 million each. Nobody's throwing benefit concerts for us."

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

One wife had to cancel expensive cable and is now buying 'scratchy' toilet paper.

O M F G

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

(NSFW pic b/c of language below)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

“Here in Jersey you just have to have a house unless you’re just a fresh immigrant,” says Mona, who has a 3-year-old daughter and is pregnant with her second child. Mona Mond immigrated from India with her parents 20 years ago. “It’s ironic, but I feel even poorer now," she says. “Maybe it’s because ... we got used to having things. Now we want things more and it’s heartbreaking for us.”

Can we take up a collection for this poor person....

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ask Rush.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They have a word for women like her and it's the one we're unable to post. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted