1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Force Awakens" (with SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Forget Kenobi or Fett. When do we get the Porkins flick?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No worries. Once I read your post, I saw exactly why you thought I meant the shot of Princess Leia. Fisher was the topic of discussion and I didn't make it clear I was referring to the Rebel pilots.

3. Deskgrunt50

Just had my mind blown. Had NO idea the actor who plays Porkins was also the “top men”
    government man in Raiders of the Lost Ark AND Lt. Eckhardt in the 1989 Batman.

Gonna have to walk this off.

William Hootkins. Died in 2005.

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one hoping there is a “im not your father,” quote/moment between lando and fin.” Like Fin is talking about his relationship problems, and lando bombs that in.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  5. outofplace

I can't believe I had never put that together. Thanks for sharing that one.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Finally saw "Solo," which I found very entertaining. A notch below "Rogue One" for reasons others have mentioned: you know much of the plot from who makes it to the future movies. And at the movie's end, there's no resolution with one of the major new characters ... are they really going to milk Han's history for a sequel?

If you just watch it for some cool action scenes and cool backstory "Easter Eggs" — such as how Han and Chewy meet — you'll enjoy "Solo." Just don't try to dig too deeply into the big picture — or try to workout the character's age/timeline, especially after a Phantom Menace character appears late in the film.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I never put that together either. His scene with Jack/Joker in the alley in Batman was tremendous. Always think of it when I see a co-worker whose aspirations and attitude far exceed their talent.
    "Why, Eckhardt. You oughta think about the future."
    "You mean when you run the show? You ain't got no future, Jack."

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. outofplace

Are there any Star Wars fans who don't know about that character's appearance? I still haven't seen the movie, but I heard about it a while ago.

9. Deskgrunt50

bigpern23 and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  10. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

And the incels already are foaming at the mouth on social media about how bad it looks.

And the laugh....that will be interesting.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Search function still down? Interesting ... o_O

I went looking for this thread, but no-go.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That cackle tho! Oh man I can't wait!

Rey hugging Leia is already making my allergies act up

Draft saved Draft deleted