1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Force Awakens" (with SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 18, 2015.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Maz also noted that the story of how she came to possess Luke's lightsaber (the one he lost with his hand on Bespin) is a story for another time. I'm curious if that's a throwaway line to set up some EU or Star Wars Story content, or if we'll get that story in Ep. IX.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

She was humping the janitor. He finds things.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Interested in that answer as well. And now that the Skywalker light saber has been destroyed, will they tell the story? Can it be repaired? How do they build a new one?

There’s definitely a story as to why Kylo’s saber is so cracking and crummy and why the old school sabers are better.

4. Deskgrunt50

Vader in the first two flicks was/is the best bad guy ever. I guess the sliver of redemption is that he wanted to turn Luke, not kill him. He easily could’ve killed him, but only took a hand.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not sure where exactly it came from, but there was an in-canon explanation that it's crackling because the Kyber crystals that power it are cracked.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Finally saw it. I figure if a movie kicks up this much dust, it must have done something right. Kind of like Sound of Music in the end, maybe the Von Traps didn't defeat the Nazis, but they got away to fight another day, and sing another song.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

That seems like a very measured and reasonable response.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Can't believe I never saw this one before. I read a passing reference to it today and went looking for it.

cyclingwriter2 and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Me neither. A good cut, but fun to see, nonetheless. Interestingly, Vader begging Luke to come to the Dark Side sounds more like the whiny bitch we saw in the prequel trilogy than the badass villain he was in the original trilogy.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Yep. Neat to see for sure. But I can see why it was cut.

I’m a sucker for this stuff. I enjoy the documentaries about making films almost as much as the films themselves.

The doc about making the original trilogy is fantastic. As is the doc on the Indiana Jones flicks.

12. Deskgrunt50

Draft saved Draft deleted