1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Force Awakens" (with SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 18, 2015.

1. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

FIFY

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Hey, to each their own.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Me, too. It will be fun to see if, and where, we can spot Clint.:)

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Lord/Miller fashioned Solo more along the lines of Peter Quill in Guardians of the Galaxy. The producers wanted Solo more bitter and jaded. Interesting choice of Howard given his tie to Harrison Ford in American Graffiti. Howard is a good director, but his films tend not to "show off" his work in terms of a unique style - such as camera work, genre, dialogue etc. He doesn't take many chances and doesn't make many errors.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

But boy, was "Far and Away" one of those errors. :)

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of his lesser known movies is The Missing with Tommy Lee Jones and Cate Blanchet, it's also one of his better films.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

If a man were ever meant to inhabit outer space, it's Clint Howard

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Probably. But I don't mind that he shows up in many of Ron Howard's movies. I give credit for the familial connection and like to see it. There's nothing wrong with it. Family matters, and I don't mind that Ron takes care of his own and has remained seemingly close to home and family all through the years.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Plus, he's hardly the first director to cast family or certain friends who happen to be character actors in their movies.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Clint's bit parts usually fit well in the movies, too. He was actually very good as the NASA Mission Control staffer Sy Liebergot in "Apollo 13" in an "expanded cameo."

He was also real good in a 2-minute cameo as the jazz-maven deejay in "That Thing You Do!"

I'm sure if RH gives him a walk-on bit part it'll be fine. Always room for some weird looking aliens in SW.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He was good as the asshole Little League dad in "Parenthood," too.

Draft saved Draft deleted